Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Top Five Songs

My top five

1.Escucha tu Corazón “Listen to Your Heart”
Artist: Laura Pausini
Album: Las Cosas Que Vives
Year: 1996
Genre: pop/dance
Memorable lyrics: “no te debes de rendir y sigue siendo tu, persigue tu destino pues todo ese dolor que esta dentro nunca debe interferir en tu camino, descubrirás así que tu historia toda y cada minuto pertenece tan solo a ti”

“You should not surrender and keep on being you, pursue your destiny; then, all that pain that is inside of you never has to interfere in your pathway. You going to discover that all your story and each single minute in is only yours”

Description in one sentence: you have to believe in yourself , keep going with your life and do your best.

2. “No Basta” “it is not enough”
Artist: Franco DeVita
Album: Extrangero
Year: 1990
Genre: Balada
Memorable lyrics: “No basta traerlos al mundo por que es obligatorio o por que son la base del matrimonio o por que te equivocaste en la cuenta”

“It is not enough bringing babies into the world because is mandatory or because it is the base of the marriage or because you had a mistake in the count”

Memorable association: I like this song for many years and I do not have a particular memory. I could see this situation many times mostly in this country.

Description in one sentence: it is about people who have babies and they don’t be real parents, don’t pay attention to the children then when they are teenagers learn many things from the streets.

3. “Gracias a la Vida” “ Thanks to Life”
Artist: Mercedes Sosa
Album: Gracias a la Vida
Year: 1993
Genre: Protest
Memorable lyrics: All the song.

Memorable association: these lyrics remained me how perfect our bodies are and we had to thank God for all that he gave us.

Description in one sentence: She thanks to life for all the senses that we have like to see, the feelings, the languages, to walk, etc.

4. “Solo” “Alone”
Artist: Ekhymosis
Album: 1997
Genre: Spanish Rock


Memorable Lyrics: choir “Como poder aparentar lo que no puedo ser, como expresarlo sin sentirlo eso no puede ser”

“How I could pretend who I couldn’t be. How could I express something if I don’t feel it; that it couldn’t be.

Memorable association: 1997 was the best year on my life, I was 16 eeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! That was my last year of high school, I had a really good time and this song and actually the band was my favorite. The vocalist “Juanes” is now a soloist who is my favorite.

Description in one sentence: We are alone in the world and for difficult that our lives are, we have to keep going and look for our dreams.

5. “War”
Artist: Bob Marley
Album:
Genre: Reggae

Memorable Lyrics: “Until the philosophy which holds one race superior And another Inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned -Everywhere is war -I say war”

Memorable association: I like the lyrics very much because is a situation that this black had suffered discrimination. I had compared the lyrics with many other cases around the world.

Description in one sentence: this song is about the discrimination against back people.

No comments:

Post a Comment